“Securing power through California’s fire season is a must for all commercial and industrial businesses. Our promise, now and forever, is to help you restore the power you need, today, and to help you safeguard for the future—providing our clients with a quick alternative fuel solution with long-term savings.”
—David Walters, CEO
Leading Edge Power Solutions is a Distributed Energy Resource (DER) provider based on a unique peak shaving and emergency back-up generation technology. Part of our solution is to assist California’s commercial and industrial businesses to not only overcome the brownouts and blackouts caused by the lack of grid resiliency, but to proactively safeguard against all future power outages. All while helping to save on utility costs for seven years, and with no* upfront capital costs.
What’s the Plan?
Clients can choose from four short-term back-up generators to rent that are readily available by Leading Edge Power Solutions (LEPS) for the first year, coinciding with the 2020 California fire season. For zero cost to vetted* facilities, LEPS will install a natural gas genset system that will be used for continuous and backup power. With installation of the LE240kW Smart Generator, vetted* facilities can take advantage of SEVEN YEARS of virtually zero emissions backup energy at NO COST—all while reducing high utility bills.
Once initiated, the LE240kW Smart Generator is controlled behind the meter to reduce demand charges, on peak rates. Clients pays for the kWh of genset runtime at fixed rates outlined in Energy Services Agreement (ESA), while LEPS is responsible for ongoing system O&M and fuel.
*Pending a customer load analysis
LE 240kW Smart Generator
The LE 240 is a natural gas generator housed in a weather-proof, noise-reducing enclosure to be used for base loading, backup, or prime power. The LE 240 generator is “dispatchable” like a microgrid when it is needed, to eliminate your most expensive “on-peak” kWh(s). Best yet, our equipment can run grid parallel and, as an extra benefit, provides backup and emergency power (essential for California fire season).
LE 240System Components:
- Natural gas internal combustion engine (ICE)
- Proprietary rare earth element catalytic converter
- Synchronizing electric generator
- Proprietary control logic to dispatch generator in real time
- Electrically designed for utility interconnection
- Weather-proof, quiet enclosure for local site permitting
The LE 240 System is compliant with South Coast AQMD Rule 1110.2 Emissions from gaseous-and liquid-fueled engines
- The purpose of Rule 1110.2 is to reduce Oxides of Nitrogen (NOᵪ), Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), and Carbon Monoxide (CO) from engines.-South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD)
- LEPS currently holds permits through SCAQMD
Distinctive Benefits of LEPS: What Sets Us Apart?
- Locked-in pricing, 7-year ESA
- Reduced overall energy spend
- Flexible generation schedules
- Peak shaving and/or backup generator design
- Intuitive user dashboards
- No capital or O&M costs
- Energy with virtually zero emissions
Take the Leap with LEPS.
Contact us TODAY for your emergency backup generator.